Thursday 30 April 2009

Isfahan Hotels: Dibai House

The Dibai House is one of the prettiest hotels I've ever stayed at.  Sufi and her daughter Alale have refurbished two ancient houses.  The result is an oasis of tranquility and beauty.   



The entrance to the hotel is situated in a narrow high walled alleyway next to the Ail Mosque just off a busy road in the middle of the Bazar-e Bozorg.  Once behind the thick wood doors the noise of the Bazar fades into silence.  I've never experienced silence like that in any city.  


The rooms are furnished in Persian style with carpets, textiles and ceramics.  Sufi and Alale have kept the original layout of the house so the rooms are accessible through central courtyards.  They are high-ceilinged, bright and airy.  





The rooms we had did not have en-suite bathrooms although I understand that some rooms do.  I've never been in a hotel where I've had to share a bathroom but I've found sharing a bathroom at this hotel to be a minor inconvenience at best.  Breakfast was included in the room price and Alale was extremely helpful and friendly.  The Dibai House would be my first choice if I return to Isfahan.

No comments:

Post a Comment